<Something Wicked> FAQs (Last Update April 12th, 2013)

Moderator: Officers

Moshne
Guild Leader

<Something Wicked> FAQs (Last Update April 12th, 2013)

Postby Moshne » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 am

<Random_Raid_guild> is recruiting <my_class> what can you provide that they don't

Our loot system is designed specifically to assimilate new members quickly, without them staying in a "second class" level for loot. We also do not discriminate in invites to the raid based on seniority, meaning you can actually raid with us when you app, without having to wait at the back of the line for every raid.

I work <insert> what does that do to my loot chances?

We have a relatively light schedule but we are not a casual-minded guild. When you join us, you will be expected to attend our raids at the times we have them. If you have a work schedule that frequently [more than ~15% of the time] has you working on our raid nights, this is probably not the right guild for you.

What Loot System does Something Wicked use?

We use a custom system based on your ratio of loot received to your hours raided with the guild. We track your loot and your hours logged and award loot based on the lowest loot:hours raided.

Isn't that just DKP?

No, not quite, this has the advantage of quickly allowing newer members to become quickly competitive. By using a ratio of your loot:hours, you are able to compete with even the most veteran members, unlike in a DKP system, where the veteran members will end up with inflated numbers. The other advantage is that you can see exactly how much you are being "paid" for your raiding vs. your time you have put in. It puts everyone on even footing, and allows members to gear up in actual proportion to their time put in, as opposed to DKP which places newer members in a situation of never being able to be competitive with the most veteran raiders in the guild.

To put it into numbers:

PersonA raids 40 hours, and has 3 pieces of loot (7.5%)
PersonB raids 40 hours, and has 4 pieces of loot (10%)

If an item drops that both PersonA and PersonB wants, PersonA would win, as they have a lower loot ratio.

Now, in more complex scenario, where PersonA and PersonB have different hours raided and loots won:

PersonA has 35 hours raided, and has won 3 loots (8.5%)
PersonB has 98 hours raided, and has won 9 loots (9.1%)

In this case PersonA would win, despite having less hours raided, because they have a lower ratio of Loot:Hours.

How are applicants treated under this system?

Applicants accrue raid hours at the same rate as any other member, but will not be able to compete for loot until they attain full member status.

When will I be considered a full member?

A decision will start to be made on your application when after about 4-6 weeks of raiding, this may take a few more raids, or may be decided immediately earlier. Maintaining 100% attendance will allow us to make a decision much easier, applicants who miss raids during their Initiate phase may find that it takes significantly longer.

Things that will help/hurt your Initiate phase:

Help:
- Paying attention during raids, both to Mumble and written text.
- Coming to raids prepared, not needing to be summoned, repaired and carrying all needed consumables. (Potions, Elixir/Flasks, food, reagents, etc)
- Looking at our Raid Parses and finding ways to improve yourself.

Hurt:
- Bickering in guildchat, arguing with raid instructions, proving to not be self-sufficient
- Causing/contributing to drama in either guild chat/public channels - if you have a concern, voice it privately.
- Complaining about loot, raiding, policies.
- Missing multiple raids without informing us that you will not be able to attend.

Will I be required to PVP?

At this time, there are no plans for any mandatory PVP. Many members, however, are avid PVPers and there will be opportunities to PVP as a guild.

However, there are items that will make you a better PVEer from PVP content, the Medallion of the Alliance, for example, or higher stamina gear if you find yourself on the lower end regularly. In the case of the Medallion, this is something you will be expected to obtain.

I want to kiss ass to get loot, can you tell me who I need to talk to improve my ratio?

Unfortunately, the officers in Something Wicked do not determine your loot in any way, it is solely determined by your loot received vs. hours raided. You do not have to be friends with an officer or worry about having a different opinion, you will still get the same amount of loot for your time as everyone else, officers and guild leader included.

Do I need to keep a second spec for raiding?

Possibly. For classes that can fill more than one role, we expect that you can play them adequately. While it is uncommon that we will ask someone to switch from healing to tank unless they are comfortable with it, you should be able to play all aspects of the role you choose. This means mages/hunters/rogues/DKs should be willing to use all of their specs should the content require it.

Additionally, if you are able to play a secondary role you may find that you have more invites to raids. We keep our roster small so players can expect to raid when they log in. If you are a hybrid that is not able to heal and we need a healer, that means I can either ask you to do it, or keep an extra healer on our roster (who may be keeping a DPS spec making you mostly irrelevant.)

What restrictions exist for gear?

Certain items will be initially restricted to those classes/specs that can make the best use of them. These items will have obvious, and large, benefits over another class that may be able to use it.

In addition, you must maintain a 70% attendance record over a 30 day period to be competitive on gear, you will still be eligible for gear under this level, but only if those above it pass on it. This effectively means you would need to more than 2/3s of our raids.

Is there something that wasn't answered here? Feel free to log over and ask!
Last edited by Moshne on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:41 am, edited 8 times in total.

Moshne
Guild Leader

Postby Moshne » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:44 pm

Edited - Oct. 23rd.
Elegon Catastrophic Anomaly Shiramune Absorb (1171026)
moshne@somethingwickedguild.com

Moshne
Guild Leader

Re: <Something Wicked> FAQs (Last Update February 3rd, 2010)

Postby Moshne » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:15 am

Updated Feb 3rd 2011
Elegon Catastrophic Anomaly Shiramune Absorb (1171026)
moshne@somethingwickedguild.com

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor